AresValley
Poseidon continuing...

Poseidon continuing?  

RSS

Hoss23
(@hoss23)
03/02/2019 2:30 am  

Hi,

Just curious if Poseidon will be updated/maintained going forward.  I realize Artemis is the priority right now but really like Poseidon.

Thanks,
Hoss

MarcoDT liked
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
04/02/2019 1:21 pm  

Hi Hoss,

thanks for this question! You are perfectly right: our efforts are mainly targeted to the development of Artemis 3 but, in future, I've also planned to update Poseidon as well. I'm really happy to know that someone (like you) is still interested in the Poseidon project. I've created a new appropriate section to the main forum to support the future developing (or questions about the available release) of this software.

ReplyQuote
Hoss23
(@hoss23)
04/02/2019 7:42 pm  

That's great to hear.  I look forward to it and Artemis 3 as well.

Thanks,

Hoss

ReplyQuote
Hoss23
(@hoss23)
04/02/2019 7:55 pm  

One possible addition to Poseidon  could be the daily FEMA briefing

https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/USDHSFEMA/2019/02/04/file_attachments/1148070/FEMA%20Daily%20Ops%20Briefing%202-4-2019.pdf

(For North Americans) it presents a lot of data on disaster status, US national weather outlook, as well as space weather.  It's a great ECOM bit of information. 

kk4bhs liked
ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
07/02/2019 7:58 am  

Thanks! I will consider adding some new feature like this one! Thanks a lot again!

ReplyQuote
Sketco
(@sketco)
10/03/2019 11:45 pm  

Great to hear Poseidon will eventually continue with possibilities for additional features, it's a fantastic resource . Window resizing would be a useful addition  (shoot me, I'm a neat freak..LOL).

ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
12/03/2019 11:24 am  

Nice to hear!! I always believed that Poseidon was like an abandoned project since the average interest is pretty low compared to Artemis (maybe because of the topic...). But yes, I want to completely restore also Poseidon in order to fix the DPI related issues, the resize problem and to extend the compatibility to other OSs.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register