AresValley
Where is the Mac an...

Where is the Mac and Linux version please?  

RSS

freedomace
(@freedomace)
16/02/2019 5:14 pm  

Thanks for a your hard work in creating this database.

BTW, I see only a Windows download. Where is the Mac and Linux version please?

MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
18/02/2019 8:27 am  

You are welcome! The only available download, right now, is Artemis 2 so it's available only for Windows systems. You can use it on Linux with Wine. I've no feedback with MacOS. The new version under development will be fully available for these three OS

BTW: The DB is from SigIDWiki and it's made by the contributions of many people  😉 

ReplyQuote
freedomace
(@freedomace)
18/02/2019 10:51 pm  

Thank you. I will give it a try with Wine.

ReplyQuote
freedomace
(@freedomace)
21/02/2019 11:57 am  

I gave it a try with WINE. I am running on Linux Mint 19 with the Cinnamon desktop. The program did not run and I got the following error:

The program Artemis.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

In the outputy I see this:

$ wine Artemis.exe
000f:fixme:service:scmdatabase_autostart_services Auto-start service L"bgsvcgen" failed to start: 2
0009:fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x33f260
Stacktrace:

So it seems that there is a missing service?

Any ideas how I get this working in wine? Do I need top cope some DLLs or something?

ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
12/03/2019 10:16 am  

Thanks for the notification...I'm able to reproduce your problem but unfortunately I have no idea how to solve this problem but it seems to be related to wine. I've several software that works well with Wine 3 but not with Wine 4. Have you tried to run a different (older) version of Wine? 

ReplyQuote
freedomace
(@freedomace)
19/03/2019 3:23 pm  

Thanks for your reply. I had another crack at it today and the good news is that I now have it running in Wine 4.0.

It seems that Artemis will not run on the open source version of dotnet, i.e. Mono in Wine 4.0. However, I came across a WINE tool called winetricks. One of the features in winetricks is to allow the installation of various versions of dotnet. I selected the option to install dotnet 4.6a and after this was completed I tried running Atremis again. I am pleased to report that it now runs. Given that on your website it states clearly that Artemis requires dotnet 4.6, I really should have thought of that earlier!

More info on winetricks and where to get it can be found here:

https://wiki.winehq.org/Winetricks

Anyway, I can now run your excellent signal signature database alongside my SDR software on Linux which will be really useful. Thanks again for making Artemis available.

This post was modified 4 days ago 4 times by freedomace

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register