AresValley
Thank You

Thank You  

RSS

LuckyStiff63
(@luckystiff63)
05/11/2018 8:53 pm  

I'm not a programmer.   I don't even play one on TV!   But I have an extensive IT background, and I know the kind of work that goes into creating and maintaining
an application like this one.   So I just wanted to say thanks and let you know that the rest of us just appreciate you sharing your work.   I'm just getting started using
digital modes over amateur radio frequencies, so ARTEMIS is a big help when trying to ID and respond to a signal type I haven't learned yet.

I also want to ask if you would like us to send in examples (waterfall screenshot & audio?) of "strange" signals that don't seem to match anything in your database
when we come across them?   For instance, I could send you a killer sample of a signal I chased for about 30 minutes before I figured out it was made by the digital
circuitry in our our Samsung washing machine!  <DOOHH!!>     If you would like us to submit samples, where should we send them? 

73!

-  Lucky

Topic Tags
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
08/11/2018 1:19 pm  

Hi Lucky! Thanks to you: it's always refreshing to hear the gratitude of the users and understand, from your feedback, that Artemis is really helpful. Your support is, for sure, one fundamental thing that compels us to continue the development of this software. So, to answer your question in short: yes! We are collecting every strange signal that you are able to capture and since the main database is made by the users, your contribution is priceless. Proceed as follow:

• If you have very few details of the received signal (only the waterfall, or the TX frequency, etc.) you should add the signal in the "Unidentified Signals" category (to add a new signal, press "Add a new unidentified signal to the database"). In future, some other users that have useful details can add information or directly recognize the signal and promote it to the proper subcategory (military, radar, etc.) in the section "Identified Signals".
  • If you already know what you are listening or you were able to capture several details (bandwidth, frequency, category, ...), your signal can be directly added to the "Identified Signals" category (use the link on the left menu of sigidwiki website "Add a signal entry" and follow "Add a signal form")

Then, if your signal has been correctly identified, it will appear very soon in the next version of the Artemis DB. All the other details are well explained HERE but if you have some other doubts or questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks again for your support!!

ReplyQuote
K7ESM
(@k7esm)
26/12/2018 5:41 am  

Just found this tonight... I cannot tell you how great this is for amateur radio nuts 😉

ReplyQuote
Sketco
(@sketco)
10/03/2019 11:53 pm  

So glad I found you again. There was a brief moment of horror when the original site came up dry. I think Lucky said it all, but here it is again. Thank you so much for your hard work, it really is appreciated and has saved many hours of hunting for elusive signals. Artemis is a brilliant repository and I can barely believe my luck that there is to be a version 3. Thank you. 

MarcoDT liked
ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
12/03/2019 10:50 am  

Thank you! We really appreciate this enthusiasm from you!! It is really priceless to understand (with this kind of posts) that our efforts (from SigIDwiki to Artemis) are well repaid!

PS: Sorry for the horror moment 🙂 ... for some reasons the transition between the two sites was not perfectly synchronized

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register