AresValley
Artemis executable ...

Notifications

Artemis executable won't run on Raspberry Pi 3B+ (Buster)  

RSS

WheezyE
(@wheezye)
08/02/2020 12:12 am  

Hi, I'm trying to install Artemis for the first time, but can't get it to run on my Raspberry Pi 3B+.  Both executables I've tried just don't do anything after I double-click them.

Pre-requisites:
I'm running Raspberry Pi 3B+ with Raspbian GNU/Linux 10 (Buster).  I used KM4ACK's build-a-pi scripts to install a bunch of ham radio software and Python 2.7.  I installed Python 3.7.3 and pyinstaller (I tried to take notes on my steps here).  After I installed Python 3.7, I changed the system's priorities for python versions to be 3.7 instead of 2.7 (using "$ sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python3.7 2" and "sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2.7 1") and made sure Python 3.7 was running by typing "$ python".   I also checked to make sure my GLIBC was up to date with "$ sudo apt-get install libc6".

Compiling from git source:
I compiled from the git (see above link for steps).  (I should also admit that I tried unsuccessfully to compile Artemis once with Python 2.7 before doing any of the pre-requisite installing of Python 3.7 and pyinstaller for pip3.7).  Running the compiled executable in the terminal gave me the following error: 

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "artemis.py", line 9, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pandas'
[7538] Failed to execute script artemis

Downloading the pre-compiled Linux binary (link):
I downloaded the binary to the Pi from the Pi's browser, ran "$ chmod u+x create_shortcut.sh" "$ create_shortcut.sh" from the command line to install the program icon.

Thank you for reading all this! Also, awesome project.  I'm really excited for auto-correlation.  I think this offline signal recognition manual will be a great addition to the portable digital ham radio community who are building Digital Modem Pi's based on OH8STN and KM4ACK's youtube channels/work. 

MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
08/02/2020 5:56 pm  

Hi WheezyE, thank you! We are always happy to hear people that appreciate our work!

Back to your issue: it's a bizarre situation when the binary starts but without doing nothing. Can you launch the binary from the console? In this way, you are forcing Artemis to output any possible problem and log into the terminal. The problem that you encounter during the source code compilation is much less mysterious: probably, you forget to install all the required libraries and dependencies. To overcome this issue, open a terminal in the requirements folder and launch the command:

pip install -r  requirements.txt --user

then try the compilation again via pyinstaller

ReplyQuote
WheezyE
(@wheezye)
09/02/2020 11:30 pm  

Thank you.  I was unaware of the requirements folder until now!  I believe that running the pre-compiled Artemis executable from the command-line results in no text at all and just a black command line window that closes immediately, but I'll double-check that soon and report in.

I couldn't compile the Artemis file on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Raspbian Buster, but I discovered in the process that Qt5 may not come with Raspbian by default.  Below is the progress I made today: 

1. After running "python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt --user", I found that I got errors trying to install numpy, pandas, and PyQt5.  A forum suggested this might be an error on the Raspberry Pi after trying to installed python3.7 from source (which I had previously done: wget  https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.7.4/Python-3.7.4.tar.xz ).

2. I uninstalled and reinstalled python 3.7 and pip from apt-get (instead of from source) through the black magic of some various commands below.

sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev
sudo apt-get remove python3.7
sudo apt-get install python3.7
sudo apt install python3-pip
sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
sudo python3 -m pip install -U setuptools --user
sudo apt-get install build-essential tk-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libreadline6-dev libdb5.3-dev libgdbm-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libexpat1-dev liblzma-dev zlib1g-dev libffi-dev -y
pip3.7 install pyinstaller

3. I then was able to install numpy and pandas from the requirements file in the Artemis source's requirements folder (via "python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt --user" ), but still got errors when trying to install PyQt5.

4. I got stuck here trying to install PyQt5: The PyQt5 install version specified by Artemis's requirements.txt is an old PyQt5 version, so no download link could be found during the "... pip install -r requirements.txt".  But it seems that PyQt5 v5.14.1 ("pip install PyQt5")has some known bugs on installation.  Trying to install the previous version of PyQt5 ( "sudo python3 -m pip install pyqt5==5.14 pyqtchart==5.14" ) also error'd (in a way that looked like setuptools was out of date -- but we just upgraded it).  Installing PyQt5.sip and sip ( "pip3 install PyQt5.sip" and "pip3 install sip" ) didn't help either.  I then tried to compile the specific version Artemis wanted by downloading it and trying to compile/make it.  It was at this step that the command line told me that Qt3 was installed on Raspbian, but not Qt5, so that PyQt5 could not compile.  I tried to install Qt5 "sudo apt-get install qt5-default" but still could not get PyQt5 to compile after that.

It was then that I rebooted and discovered all my desktop icons were gone and that my background was black, so I re-freshed my Raspberry Pi from an old backup SD card.

ReplyQuote
WheezyE
(@wheezye)
28/02/2020 11:25 pm  

I had some time to take another stab at this today and got closer I think, but still having troubles.

I'm running Raspberry Pi 3B+, Raspbian Buster.

I'm also new to Linux, is there a way to have the computer install all the missing dependencies automatically after it identifies them and before re-compiling?

-------------------

I get the following when trying to run the downloaded Artemis file:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ ./Artemis 
bash: ./Artemis: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ sudo ./Artemis
./Artemis: 1: ./Artemis: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ sudo ./_ArtemisUpdater
./_ArtemisUpdater: 1: ./_ArtemisUpdater: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Trying to run the files from Raspbian by double-clicking on them results in nothing.  Double-clicking on them and running from command-line gives no output.

And I get the following if I try to compile from source (the warnings log file after compile is 140+ lines of warnings with a lot of "top-level" ones):

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ cd ..
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ sudo ./Artemisbuild
pygame 1.9.4.post1
Hello from the pygame community. https://www.pygame.org/contribute.html
File "artemis.py", line 32, in <module>
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 623, in exec_module
exec(bytecode, module.__dict__)
File "download_window.py", line 11, in <module>
File "PyQt5/uic/__init__.py", line 198, in loadUiType
File "PyQt5/uic/Compiler/compiler.py", line 110, in compileUi
File "PyQt5/uic/uiparser.py", line 1013, in parse
File "xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 1197, in parse
File "xml/etree/ElementTree.py", line 587, in parse
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/_MEI3OZsdV/download_db_window.ui'
[5969] Failed to execute script artemis

----------------

I've redone and refined my installation steps (but it was still a bit of a haphazard mess collecting these commands through trial/error, so some of these steps below may be out of order).  As a plus, since I'm not uninstalling python anymore (like my above steps) Raspbian doesn't get bricked when I run these steps.

Method 1: Download and run
wget  https://aresvalley.com/download/193/Artemis_3.2.0.tar.gz  ~/Downloads/
tar -xzf Artemis_3.2.0.tar.gz
chmod u+x create_shortcut.sh ./create_shortcut.sh   Method 2: Build and run sudo apt-get update -y sudo apt-get install python3.7 python3-pip libatlas-base-dev -y export PATH="/root/.local/bin:$PATH" sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install pyinstaller sudo apt-get install build-essential tk-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libreadline6-dev libdb5.3-dev libgdbm-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libexpat1-dev liblzma-dev zlib1g-dev libffi-dev -y

#Before installing modules and dependencies, it may be necessary to downgrade "setuptools", especially for PyQt5 installation. sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade 'setuptools<45.0.0' --user cd ~/Downloads git clone https://github.com/AresValley/Artemis.git sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5 --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5.sip --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install pandas --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install qtawesome --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install aiohttp --user   sudo pyinstaller ~/Downloads/Artemis/spec_files/Linux/Artemis.spec #sudo python3.7 -m PyInstaller ~/Downloads/Artemis/spec_files/Linux/Artemis.spec

ReplyQuote
WheezyE
(@wheezye)
28/02/2020 11:42 pm  

Edit: I just realized 1. that PyQt5 still never installed correctly 2. that installing all the modules by hand should have been the same thing as running "sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user" (except that I for some reason did need to run those by hand to get them to install - maybe to latest versions... since the requirements.txt specifies certain version numbers) and 3. that I may not need to downgrade setuptools (since PyQt5 still doesn't install with the downgraded version).

In summary, I'll keep trying to get PyQt5 to build and report in again another day maybe.

ReplyQuote
WheezyE
(@wheezye)
01/03/2020 2:53 am  

And another update:

I remember now that I downgraded setuptools to 44.0.0 to avoid this error message (which happens after compiling and trying to run Artemis):

File "PyInstaller/loader/rthooks/pyi_rth_pkgres.py", line 13, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/dist-packages/PyInstaller/loader/pyimod03_importers.py", line 623, in exec_module
  File "pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 86, in <module>
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pkg_resources.py2_warn'
[10952] Failed to execute script pyi_rth_pkgres

# https://github.com/pypa/setuptools/issues/1963 

After downgrading setuptools, I get the same error message as above:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/dist $ ./Artemis 
pygame 1.9.4.post1
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/tmp/_MEI3OZsdV/download_db_window.ui'

Also, PyQt5 didn't install under pip, but seems like it was already installed ok when I ran the following commands (below). 

sudo apt dist-upgrade
sudo apt install qt5-default pyqt5-dev pyqt5-dev-tools
sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade 'setuptools==44.0.0' --user
sudo pyinstaller ~/Downloads/Artemis/spec_files/Linux/Artemis.spec

So anyway, I'm throwing in the towel on this one for now. I hope Artemis can run on Raspbian some day in the future.

ReplyQuote
WheezyE
(@wheezye)
07/03/2020 4:24 pm  

I'm so close!  The compiling problem was with pyinstaller being too old (the repo version of 4.4 doesn't work, but building a dev version from git does work).  After building pyinstaller from source, I finally got Artemis to compile (see steps below).  My compiled Artemis executable now runs either by double-clicking on it or from commandline.

I am getting errors now though:
1. I can't update the program's database (when I try, it downloads for a while and then stops), and no audio files or data is viewable from Artemis.
2. Artemis throws some errors before running from commandline:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/Artemis/dist/dist/dist $ ./Artemis
pygame 1.9.4.post1
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.133: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.138: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.140: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.141: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.142: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.143: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.144: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.145: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.145: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.146: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.147: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.147: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.148: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.149: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.149: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.150: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.153: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.155: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no

I used roughly the below steps to compile (some may be redundant or dumb, but I'm new to Linux):

#Update and install things for the Raspberry Pi
sudo apt-get update -y sudo apt-get install python3.7 python3-pip libatlas-base-dev -y export PATH="/root/.local/bin:$PATH" sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel --user
sudo apt-get install build-essential tk-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libreadline6-dev libdb5.3-dev libgdbm-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libexpat1-dev liblzma-dev zlib1g-dev libffi-dev -y

#Build PyInstaller from source
cd ~/Downloads
git clone https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller.git
cd pyinstaller
cd bootloader
sudo python3.7 ./waf distclean all
sudo python3.7 setup.py install

#Clone Artemis from git and ensure requirements are installed (twice) cd ~/Downloads git clone https://github.com/AresValley/Artemis.git sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5 --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5.sip --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install pandas --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install qtawesome --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install aiohttp --user

#Compile Artemis

#Run Artemis
cd dist
./Artemis

ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
21/03/2020 11:26 am  

First of all, thanks for keeping track of your trials. I'll try to give you some suggestion but I cannot be super helpful since I have no Raspberry Pi 3B+ to try: you are basically a pioneer. From a technical point of view I see no reason why it shouldn't work...

Posted by: @wheezye

Thank you.  I was unaware of the requirements folder until now!  I believe that running the pre-compiled Artemis executable from the command-line results in no text at all and just a black command line window that closes immediately, but I'll double-check that soon and report in.

I couldn't compile the Artemis file on the Raspberry Pi 3B+ running Raspbian Buster, but I discovered in the process that Qt5 may not come with Raspbian by default.  Below is the progress I made today: 

1. After running "python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt --user", I found that I got errors trying to install numpy, pandas, and PyQt5.  A forum suggested this might be an error on the Raspberry Pi after trying to installed python3.7 from source (which I had previously done: wget  https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.7.4/Python-3.7.4.tar.xz ).

2. I uninstalled and reinstalled python 3.7 and pip from apt-get (instead of from source) through the black magic of some various commands below.

sudo apt-get update -y
sudo apt-get install libatlas-base-dev
sudo apt-get remove python3.7
sudo apt-get install python3.7
sudo apt install python3-pip
sudo python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel
sudo python3 -m pip install -U setuptools --user
pip3.7 install pyinstaller

3. I then was able to install numpy and pandas from the requirements file in the Artemis source's requirements folder (via "python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt --user" ), but still got errors when trying to install PyQt5.

4. I got stuck here trying to install PyQt5: The PyQt5 install version specified by Artemis's requirements.txt is an old PyQt5 version, so no download link could be found during the "... pip install -r requirements.txt".  But it seems that PyQt5 v5.14.1 ("pip install PyQt5")has some known bugs on installation.  Trying to install the previous version of PyQt5 ( "sudo python3 -m pip install pyqt5==5.14 pyqtchart==5.14" ) also error'd (in a way that looked like setuptools was out of date -- but we just upgraded it).  Installing PyQt5.sip and sip ( "pip3 install PyQt5.sip" and "pip3 install sip" ) didn't help either.  I then tried to compile the specific version Artemis wanted by downloading it and trying to compile/make it.  It was at this step that the command line told me that Qt3 was installed on Raspbian, but not Qt5, so that PyQt5 could not compile.  I tried to install Qt5 "sudo apt-get install qt5-default" but still could not get PyQt5 to compile after that.

It was then that I rebooted and discovered all my desktop icons were gone and that my background was black, so I re-freshed my Raspberry Pi from an old backup SD card.

Thanks, yes we were a little bit unclear in the documentation. Thanks for pointing out this lack of information. Ok, it seems that some libraries are not available from the default repositories and this could be a problem since you need (at least) the version reported in the requirements.txt. You have already discovered that uninstalling python is not a good idea because this is a system dependency on Linux systems...the strange thing is that you have uninstalled python 3 so it shouldn't be a problem in theory but I wouldn't bet on it. I don't know what went wrong...

I had some time to take another stab at this today and got closer I think, but still having troubles.

I'm running Raspberry Pi 3B+, Raspbian Buster.

I'm also new to Linux, is there a way to have the computer install all the missing dependencies automatically after it identifies them and before re-compiling?

-------------------

I get the following when trying to run the downloaded Artemis file:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ ./Artemis 
bash: ./Artemis: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ sudo ./Artemis
./Artemis: 1: ./Artemis: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ sudo ./_ArtemisUpdater
./_ArtemisUpdater: 1: ./_ArtemisUpdater: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

Trying to run the files from Raspbian by double-clicking on them results in nothing.  Double-clicking on them and running from command-line gives no output.

And I get the following if I try to compile from source (the warnings log file after compile is 140+ lines of warnings with a lot of "top-level" ones):

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/artemis $ cd ..
pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads $ sudo ./Artemisbuild
pygame 1.9.4.post1

----------------

I've redone and refined my installation steps (but it was still a bit of a haphazard mess collecting these commands through trial/error, so some of these steps below may be out of order).  As a plus, since I'm not uninstalling python anymore (like my above steps) Raspbian doesn't get bricked when I run these steps.

Method 1: Download and run
wget   https://aresvalley.com/download/193/Artemis_3.2.0.tar.gz   ~/Downloads/
tar -xzf Artemis_3.2.0.tar.gz
chmod u+x create_shortcut.sh ./create_shortcut.sh   Method 2: Build and run sudo apt-get update -y sudo apt-get install python3.7 python3-pip libatlas-base-dev -y export PATH="/root/.local/bin:$PATH" sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install pyinstaller sudo apt-get install build-essential tk-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libreadline6-dev libdb5.3-dev libgdbm-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libexpat1-dev liblzma-dev zlib1g-dev libffi-dev -y

#Before installing modules and dependencies, it may be necessary to downgrade "setuptools", especially for PyQt5 installation. sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade 'setuptools<45.0.0' --user cd ~/Downloads git clone https://github.com/AresValley/Artemis.git sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5 --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5.sip --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install pandas --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install qtawesome --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install aiohttp --user   sudo pyinstaller ~/Downloads/Artemis/spec_files/Linux/Artemis.spec #sudo python3.7 -m PyInstaller ~/Downloads/Artemis/spec_files/Linux/Artemis.spec

Yes, with this command:

sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user

you are correctly requesting to identify the available libraries and download the missing ones. You must pay attention to possible error (missing library for your device, corrupted instllation, etc.), of course. 

Edit: I just realized 1. that PyQt5 still never installed correctly 2. that installing all the modules by hand should have been the same thing as running "sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user" (except that I for some reason did need to run those by hand to get them to install - maybe to latest versions... since the requirements.txt specifies certain version numbers) and 3. that I may not need to downgrade setuptools (since PyQt5 still doesn't install with the downgraded version).

In summary, I'll keep trying to get PyQt5 to build and report in again another day maybe.

Yes, PyQt5 is a strong dependency for Artemis because the entire GUI is based on it. PyQt5 is not new and so should be normally available in the standard repository for almost every Linux system. It's also present on PyPI.

I'm so close!  The compiling problem was with pyinstaller being too old (the repo version of 4.4 doesn't work, but building a dev version from git does work).  After building pyinstaller from source, I finally got Artemis to compile (see steps below).  My compiled Artemis executable now runs either by double-clicking on it or from commandline.

I am getting errors now though:
1. I can't update the program's database (when I try, it downloads for a while and then stops), and no audio files or data is viewable from Artemis.
2. Artemis throws some errors before running from commandline:

pi@raspberrypi:~/Downloads/Artemis/dist/dist/dist $ ./Artemis
pygame 1.9.4.post1
libEGL warning: DRI2: failed to authenticate
qt5ct: using qt5ct plugin

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.133: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.138: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.140: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.141: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.142: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.143: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.144: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.146: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.148: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.150: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.153: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",

(Artemis:14923): Gtk-WARNING **: 08:16:06.155: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixflat",
qt5ct: D-Bus global menu: no

I used roughly the below steps to compile (some may be redundant or dumb, but I'm new to Linux):

#Update and install things for the Raspberry Pi
sudo apt-get update -y sudo apt-get install python3.7 python3-pip libatlas-base-dev -y export PATH="/root/.local/bin:$PATH" sudo python3.7 -m pip install --upgrade pip setuptools wheel --user

#Build PyInstaller from source
cd ~/Downloads
git clone https://github.com/pyinstaller/pyinstaller.git
cd pyinstaller
cd bootloader
sudo python3.7 ./waf distclean all
sudo python3.7 setup.py install

#Clone Artemis from git and ensure requirements are installed (twice) cd ~/Downloads git clone https://github.com/AresValley/Artemis.git sudo python3.7 -m pip install -r ~/Downloads/Artemis/requirements/requirements.txt --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5 --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install PyQt5.sip --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install pandas --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install qtawesome --user sudo python3.7 -m pip install aiohttp --user

#Compile Artemis

#Run Artemis
cd dist
./Artemis

Awesome! Your error on the command line is not critical and it's not related to the download problems that you reported just above. Good news is that the download manager seems to work but it gets stuck in the middle of the process...the only reason that I have in mind could be some connection issue: if the connection is too slow (a warning should appear like 'slow connection') Artemis could have some problems in updating the DB. If it is not related to your Rasp device or system, some errors should pop up in the console. Did you notice something strange just after the last "pixflat" error after trying to update the DB?

ReplyQuote
Share: