download database on debian 9  

RSS

micpac
(@micpac)
06/09/2019 10:24 am  

Hi,

After installing python 3.7 from source I can run Artemis and get the gui

but when I start download database, the program crash with that exception:

File "/home/me/.local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 399, in increment
raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause))
urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='aresvalley.com', port=443):
Max retries exceeded with url: /Storage/Artemis/Database/data.zip
(Caused by ReadTimeoutError("HTTPSConnectionPool(host='aresvalley.com', port=443):
Read timed out. (read timeout=4.0)"))

I can wget https://aresvalley.com/Storage/Artemis/Database/data.zip manually, so it seems to be a "python" problem

can you help me to configure my python install, I can't find something useful on the web

best regards,

Michel

MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
06/09/2019 3:06 pm  

Hi Michel,

Welcome! I checked right now if the server reported some problems, but it seems that it is working fine. I also tried to perform a new installation of Artemis 3.0.1, but I found no issues. This is for sure a problem derived from the python code, but it also seems due to a particular configuration of your network. We can start from the beginning: did you customize some settings in the firewall (maybe it is blocking inward/outward connections for Artemis). Are you using a proxy or do you have a direct connection to internet? May I also ask your operative system?

Regards,

Marco

ReplyQuote
micpac
(@micpac)
06/09/2019 9:01 pm  

my os is debian 9 up to date on x86_64

with wget or curl i can download the data.zip file

but from the gui I got crash with the log that I've written in my message

it seems to be a python3.7 problem

on debian python3 is not at 3.7

so i've installed it as described in lot of tuto on the web

with lib ssl dev, bzip, lzma and so on...

but well... I unzip the data in src directory and every thing work fine

hope that it helps someone

ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
11/09/2019 7:44 am  

@micpac

Thanks for the detailed info. AS you correctly pointed out, the problem is probably the compatibility between the libraries and python3: to avoid any difficulties we recommend Python3.7 (or later). Also, the libraries must be coincident to the ones reported here ( https://github.com/AresValley/Artemis/blob/master/requirements/requirements.txt ). You can also try the binary package in the main website but, probably, your version of GLIBC in Debian 9 is too old. We are releasing a new version (3.0.2) in a few days that should solve several problems, and we have also introduced excellent compatibility with older GLIBC. This is particularly useful for you because the binary pack already embed the correct version of python, regardless of your system environment. Stay tuned for the new version...

ReplyQuote
Share:

Please Login or Register