AresValley
Doesnt work with pr...

Doesnt work with proxy  

RSS

Hendrikb
(@hendrikb)
17/07/2019 6:30 am  

Hello,

any possibility to make this work behind a proxy? I can't download the database.

MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
18/07/2019 1:04 am  

Hi Hendrikb! Can you tell me more on your version of Artemis (GitHub, Windows, macOS, Linux) and the error that the software gives you? In principle, I see no reasons why Artemis shouldn't work with a properly set proxy on your OS

ReplyQuote
Hendrikb
(@hendrikb)
18/07/2019 6:29 am  

Hello,

Im working on Windows 10.

As soon as I start the Artemis.exe the application asks me if I want to download the database. If I click yes, it remains at "0 MB" and "Speed: Calculating". After a few seconds I get a message window, that the application "has stopped working".

I'm on version 3.0.0, just downloaded it yesterday from here ( https://aresvalley.com/artemis/#download ). Many other applications have trouble with this proxy. I usualy have to enter the url manualy into the proxy settings.

ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
19/07/2019 2:30 am  

@hendrikb

Mmmmm this is strange because if your network is not working at all, Artemis should give you a warning but not crash (if I understood correctly the behavior on your PC). Anyway, the server where the DB is stored is available also behind a proxy/VPN so this is not a problem related to the server. To discriminate if the problem comes from the proxy configuration or from Artemis, try to run in a terminal (type 'cmd' in the start menu) this command:

ping aresvalley.com
This post was modified 1 month ago by MarcoDT

ReplyQuote
Hendrikb
(@hendrikb)
22/07/2019 6:37 am  

Ping works.

Im going to try the version on github. 

ReplyQuote
MarcoDT
(@marcodt)
Member Admin
29/07/2019 9:07 pm  

@hendrikb

News? I'm pretty sure that the problem is due to SSL problem: we solved an SSL verification inconsistency in the last version that will be available very soon (few days). After the publication I'm pretty curious if the problem is still present. In that case, I'll add the issue to the GitHub repo

UPDATE: Artemis 3.0.1 is now available!

This post was modified 4 weeks ago by MarcoDT

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register